1. Pick your location.
- Your home is a great option, however, feel free to try something different such as a park, your backyard, church, favorite coffee shop or bar. Of course, if you are gathering in a business, consent from management is required.
- If you choose an outdoor location, be sure to have an alternate spot to relocate in the event of inclement weather.
- When picking your location, make sure it can accommodate your guests. Each painter will need you to provide a chair and room for a table top easel, cup of water, and their paint palette.
2. Invite your guests.
- A definite head count is mandatory, so make sure your guests RSVP and are committed to attending the party.
- There is a 4 person minimum. Parties with less than four paying participants will be cancelled and rescheduled when more guests are able to attend. Parties for less than four people can be arranged for an additional fee.
3. Select your painting
- View the artwork options in “My Gallery” and decide on a project.
- There are both canvas painting and glass painting options.
- Don’t see anything you want to create? I am happy to recreate a painting from another site or make a custom painting for a fee.
4. Schedule your Let’s Paint! Party
- To tentatively reserve your date, email email@example.com or call Elizabeth at 970-396-7233.
- You will need to report an approximate head count (the final head count will need to be reported by a specified date.)
- Dates and times are flexible- you are not limited to just evening parties.
- We will discuss specific details including location, the selected project, and any other important information once we are in communication. I will be happy to answer any of your questions then as well.
- The date of your party will be officially reserved when either four guests have paid or when you pay 50 percent of the entire tab. Please see the Payment Options for details.
5. Payment Options
Payment is required in order to reserve the date for your party. Here are your two options:
- The host pays the entire tab. An initial 50 percent is due right away. The other 50 percent will be collected a week before the event.
- The guests pay for themselves. A minimum of four payments will need to be made before the date is officially reserved.
Payments are made online. Click here to purchase your party!
6. It’s party time!
Party Day Tips:
- The rest of it is up to you! Feeling ambitious? Perhaps appetizers, cocktails, and door prizes will be what you have in mind. Had a long week? Maybe BYOB and yoga pants is more your style. Either way, turn on some music, and get ready to have a great time.
- Easy access to a sink is important so dirty paint water can be frequently replaced.
- If you have fabric chair cushions or carpet, cover them with towels or sheets to protect from spills.
Party size: Party size must be four or more guests. A private party for two can be arranged for an additional fee.
Date Reservation: Partial payment is necessary before your party date is reserved. Please see the Payment Options for more details.
Refunds: If a guest paid to reserve their spot, but did not attend, their money will not be refunded if there were no more than four paying participants. If the group had more than four paying participants, the guest who did not attend can request a refund.
Cancellations: If a party needs to be cancelled for some reason, the fees to reserve the date can transferred to another date for up to one year from the originally scheduled party.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will it be messy?
Painting usually isn’t too messy, however, you may want to take some precautions in case you have a messy party guest. I suggest covering any fabric including carpet and chairs with towels or protective cloth. I will bring a drop cloth for your tables and aprons to wear. I’ll take care of the set up and clean up so you can just enjoy your party.
What should we wear?
Wear painting clothes. The paint we use is acrylic and dries as a plastic. It can be scraped off of hard surfaces, but will never come out of fabric once it dries. Wear nice clothing at your own risk! Aprons are provided.
What do I need to do to prepare my space for the party?
To prepare your painting space you will need to clear off your tables. I will provide a protective tablecloth. If you have fabric on your chairs, I strongly suggest that you cover each chair with a towel or protective cloth as the paint will not come out of fabric. If the floor is carpet, a sheet or protective cloth will need to be placed underneath for protection. In addition, make sure water is easily accessible.
What if a guest is having a hard time with their artwork?
If a painter is having difficulty with a painting, I can adapt the project to meet their particular needs. I provide stencils and can give in-depth instruction to ensure all guests feel like their painting is a success.
What if a painter does not finish their artwork before the session is over?
If a painter is unable to complete the artwork within the given time frame I will explain how they can finish the painting at home and give them a list of the supplies needed to complete the artwork.
What if I have a particular painting in mind that I’d like to create but it isn’t in the gallery?
I am happy to recreate any painting you have in mind for a fee. Please provide a visual example so I can make sure it’s exactly what you have in mind.
What if a guest who RSVPed does not attend?
If a guest RSVPs but does not attend, I strong urge you to find a replacement who can take their place. If there are only four paying participants, no refunds will be given.
How long does a painting party last?
2-3 hours depending on the project.